Demonstrated Dedication-Real Time Reliability
JR Metal Works LLC is one of the fastest-growing custom fabricators of sheet metal, pipe, and plate products in the U.S. What started as a dream in a garage has quickly grown and doubled in sales each year since 2016. JR Metal Works has quickly established a reputation of uncompromising integrity, reliability and is committed to quality custom metal products.
At JR Metal Works, you are more than a number. You are part of a family that plays an integral part in bringing life to the most advanced technology and innovations the world has ever seen. We believe that by creating an excellent employee experience, everything else takes care of itself.
We are seeking employees with a “can do” attitude, reliability, and willingness to learn and grow with our company. We at JR Metal Works are committed to creating THE top-notch employee environment that delivers a next level customer experience.
Come work for a company that:
- Values growth and development.
- Emphasizes teamwork and communication.
- Promotes integrity and diversity.
This position is for night shift, working 3-12’s on either of our night shifts. Our two nights operate from 5 PM – 5 AM with the first operating Sunday through Tuesday nights, and the second operating Wednesday through Friday nights.
Overtime is available but is not mandatory. Night shift employees work 36 hours but are paid for 40. A $1.50/hr night shift premium is also added to the base pay.
All positions and roles within JR Metal Works LLC are subject to change with company needs.
The General Laborer will assist in part fabrication, ensure parts are in compliance with customer requirements, and prepare parts for shipment.
- Understand and follow fabrication drawings, specifications, verbal instructions, or sample parts to sand and build structures and mechanical component assemblies.
- Check production for accuracy and uniformity to ensure product quality and uphold company reputation.
- Prepare proper documentation of inspections, materials, processes, and other pertinent information.
- Properly package shipments along with shipment documentation.
- Safely and efficiently run/use machines, tools, and equipment involved in the fabrication and completion of parts.
- Monitor the run time throughout the cycle of operations of each event.
- Maintain tools, instruments, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner and report all equipment problems.
- Learn the JRMW processes involved with the completion of assigned parts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Experience: Manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge: Able to read and comprehend drawings. Able to follow written and oral instructions. Able to read/use a tape measure, calipers, and other measuring tools. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals. Able to understand and use the metric system. Advanced knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerancing & dimensions is preferred.
- Physical demands: Able to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Must use fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination skills. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in a manufacturing environment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Must be willing to help fellow team members with tasks that may not necessarily involve normal job duties to relieve burden on them and contribute to team goals when needed.
- MUST BE EXTREMELY DETAIL ORIENTED & ORGANIZED.
- Must be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced and sometimes noisy environment.
- Must be able to work efficiently and safely, minimizing distractions during work hours.
- Must be able to work independently, problem solve, and communicate effectively.
- Must be willing to work a varied schedule.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must see the end of the day as when the to-do list is done instead of what the time is on the clock.
This position is in a production manufacturing setting with exposure to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Apply here to become part of our family: https://jr-metalworks.com/careers/employment-application/
JR Metal Works LLC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, JR Metal Works LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.